PM Narendra Modi’s pinstripe monogrammed suit sold at Rs 4.31 crore
Surat: Bids for the ongoing auction for Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s monogrammed pinstriped suit on Friday crossed Rs. two crore, with a Surat-based businessman leading the race for possession of the outfit.
Here are the LIVE updates:
- Bid for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s pinstripe monogrammed suit ends at Rs 4.31 crore.
- Hitesh Patel (Dharmanandan Diamonds) makes a bid of Rs 3.61 crore.
- With only 20 minutes left, bid for PM Narendra Modi’s suit jumps to Rs 2.95 crore.
- Mukesh Patel, builder from Surat and Sanjay Movliya, diamond trader, together made a bid of Rs 2.65 crore.
- Vipul Shah, Mumbai based diamond trader made a bid of Rs 2.51 crore.
- Mukesh Patel, resident of Surat, made a bid of Rs 2.31 crore.
- Rajesh Jain, owner of an engineering firm in Haryana, made another bid of Rs 2.9 crore.
- Dharmanandan Diamonds Pvt. Ltd made a bid of Rs 2.8 crore.
- NRI businessman Chandresh Ojha made a bid of Rs 1.95 crore.
- Rajesh Jain, owner of an engineering firm in Haryana, made a bid of 1.85 crore.
- Surat-based businessmen Lavji Badshah and Jayanti Aklara made a bid of Rs 1.81 crore.
- Lavji Patel, a diamond merchant from Surat made a bid of Rs 1.71 crore.
- The first fresh bid this morning of Rs 1.61 crore was made by Surat-based diamond trader Hitesh Patel. However, when others came forward, he raised his bid offering to 1.75 crore.
- Trader Rajesh Jain, hailing from diamond city, bids Rs 1.65 crore for the monogrammed bandhgala suit.
On Thursday, Surat-based Mukesh Patel enhanced his bid to Rs 1.48 crore from Rs 1.39 crore he had offered earlier. Meanwhile, Bhavnagar-based Ship-breaker Komalkant Sharma, CMD of Leela Group of Companies made a bid of Rs 1.41 crore.
On the first day of auction, textile trader Rajesh Juneja and Global Modi Fan Club’s Rajesh Maheshwari had made a bid of Rs 1.21 and Rs 1.25 crore respectively.
There were four other bids of less than Rs 1.21 crore for the suit which Modi had worn during his meeting with the US President Barack Obama.
As the monogrammed bandhgala, which according to some reports is worth Rs 10 lakh, hogged all the limelight at the auction, initially there were few takers for the humble Cricket Australia T-shirt gifted to Modi by bowling great Brett Lee which attracted bids ranging between Rs 1500 and Rs 2000.
However, towards the evening a BJP MLA from Surat and a city-based businessman made two separate bids of Rs 1.11 lakh each for the football world cup jersey and cricket Australia T-shirt gifted to Modi.
Harsh Sanghvi, MLA from Surat’s Majura assembly seat, said he will donate the FIFA World Cup T-shirt to a team of blind sportspersons if he won the bid.